What things do you wish you discovered earlier?
post by arikr
score: 16 (10 votes) ·
This is a question post.
Where things = products, services, tools, strategies, books, systems, etc.
- Internal Family Systems made me more peaceful
- "The Sleep Book" by Meadows made me sleep better
- Apps: Otter for taking notes
- Websites: Wirecutter
- Books: How to Get Lucky, Self-Therapy
- Mechanical keyboards for typing pleasure
answer by awhitney
· score: 8 (5 votes) · EA
- The book "The Charisma Myth" made me a more like-able person. I apply the principles every day.
- My clothing steamer allows me to eliminate the wrinkles from my clothes in 5-10 mins, boosting my professionalism.
- Pre-marinated tofu. It's delicious, ridiculously convenient, and can be added to any meal as a protein boost.
- You can get free audiobooks/e-books from the library on the app Libby. You just need a library card #.
Comments sorted by top scores.
comment by Denis Drescher (Telofy)
· score: 8 (6 votes) · EA
My latest breakthrough: Text to speech readers set to a high reading rate. (Plus cheap and good-quality Mpow Bluetooth headphones.)
Now I effortlessly plow through my reading list at up to 400 words per minute during commutes. My micromorts/km are lower too since I don't need to keep my eyes glued to the Kindle.
I started out at lower rates and then gradually increased them over the course of a few weeks as the lower rates started to feel slow.
I mostly use @Voice Aloud Reader and Pocket for Android.
PS: Thanks for your recommendations, especially Otter!