Can you think of any fundraising ideas?post by Tom_Ash · 2014-12-17T19:51:45.403Z · score: 4 (4 votes) · EA · GW · Legacy · 9 comments
As many of you will know, Charity Science, the EA organisation that I work for, focuses on fundraising for GiveWell-recommended charities. We’d love to hear suggestions for this, so this is an open call for any and all ways to move money! They’re welcome and encouraged no matter how far-fetched or uncertain - there’s no harm in throwing them out there, and value in sharing. If you’d rather not publicly describe a hare-brained scheme, you can email it to us at email@example.com and say if you wouldn’t like us to share it anonymously.
To provide some food for thought, here are some major areas in fundraising within which you may be able to think up ideas:
- Peer-to-peer fundraising (like our Christmas and birthday fundraisers)
- Events (like the Charity Science walk)
- General fundraising from individuals
- Applying for grants (which we tried and failed at in our Effective Fundraising experiment)
- Corporate fundraising (which we’ve done some initial research into)
- Legacy fundraising (on which see our guide to writing a will)
- Sales (such as our Shop for Charity Amazon portal)
- Unique opportunities (ways to redirect money that already goes to charity, such as several software sales that we have talked to)
Please take some time to come up with any money-moving methods that fall under these or other categories, then share them in the comments below or with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Comments sorted by top scores.