Is anyone working on a comparative COVID-19 policy response dataset?post by mhint199 · 2020-04-11T06:12:57.426Z · score: 2 (2 votes) · EA · GW · No comments
This is a question post.
I'm researching the impact that political and economic country characteristics have on government responses to pandemics - both in terms of 1) degree of adherence to non-pharmaceutical WHO recommendations (or something similar), and 2) speed of response. I'd like to create a standardized COVID-19 response score or index for that which could be similar to the Global Health Security Index. What comes to my mind is to code for the following ...what am I missing? And (because why duplicate efforts) is anyone aware of someone that is already doing this?
1. Tests per thousand
2. Lockdown measures (scale 1-10)
3. Closures of non-essential businesses (scale of 1-10)
4. Stay at home/shelter in place orders (scale of 1-10)
5. Declaration of national emergency
6. Time between first confirmed case of covid-19 and implementation of measures 2-5
For anyone interested in collaborating, I can share a much more nuanced project outline.
Comments sorted by top scores.