Altruism Coachpost by raypsyd · 2019-10-02T21:12:32.062Z · score: 60 (22 votes) · EA · GW · 2 comments
As a retired clinical psychologist, I am offering in-person, telephone or video-counseling free of charge for effective altruists struggling to achieve their behavioral goals.
As an altruism coach, I would:
1. Help current or potential effective altruists clarify values and set altruistic behavioral goals.
2. Help people to identify and understand societal/sociological constraints on altruistic behavior.
3. Help people to identify psychological resistance to altruistic behaviors that could explain why their actual behavior is not consistent with their behavioral goals. I could teach them empirically-validated cognitive-behavioral strategies to overcome this resistance.
4. Help people to learn how altruism and personal happiness are inextricably intertwined. And learn how to improve personal well-being through altruism.
5. And I could offer training to people interested in becoming an altruism coach.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Comments sorted by top scores.