EA reading list: replaceability and discountingpost by richard_ngo · 2020-08-03T10:10:54.968Z · score: 9 (4 votes) · EA · GW · 2 comments
- Replaceability (Paul Christiano, 2013)
- Four flavors of time discounting I endorse, and one I do not (Paul Christiano, 2013)
- Giving now vs. later: a summary [EA · GW] (Julia Wise, 2013). This also contains many links to posts written on this topic before 2013; below I've only listed further reading which isn't already mentioned in Julia's post.
- Which Ethical Careers Make a Difference?: The Replaceability Issue in the Ethics of Career Choice (Ben Todd, 2012)
- The replaceability effect: working in unethical industries (Seb Farquhar, 2012)
- Economics of small changes (Paul Christiano, 2013)
- It's harder to favor a specific cause in more efficient charitable markets (Carl Shulman, 2014)
- Philosophers vs economists on discounting (Carl Shulman, 2012)
- Parable of the multiplier hole (Robin Hanson, 2010)
- Further than Africa (Robin Hanson, 2010)
- Risk aversion and investment (for altruists) (Paul Christiano, 2013)
- RPTP is a strong reason to consider giving later [EA · GW] (Phil Trammell, 2018)
- Discounting for public policy: a survey (Hilary Greaves)
Comments sorted by top scores.