Apply Now to the EA Fellowship Weekend! (March 26-28)post by mellertson, CristinaSchmidtIbáñez, vaidehi_agarwalla, Yufeng Tao · 2021-02-20T00:27:28.343Z · EA · GW · None comments
Applications for the EA Fellowship Weekend are open! is this event for? will the event be like? Information your friends None No comments
The EA Fellowship Weekend is a new virtual networking event for participants of effective altruism programs from around the world. The focus of the event is on making peer-to-peer connections with other attendees.
Who is this event for?
- Current and past participants of programs such as fellowships, reading groups, workshops and cause area programs are invited to attend the event.
- People who have spent more time in the EA community are encouraged to apply and connect with the newer community members, but keep in mind that programming will primarily be catered towards newer community members.
What will the event be like?
Over the course of the weekend, you will have the chance to…
- Create new connections in one on one or small group calls
- Get matched with those facing similar bottlenecks to brainstorm solutions in peer-to-peer problem-solving
- Attend social and networking events like speed friending and discussion groups
Many past Fellows in EA programs have said one of the best parts of their experience was connecting with the wider EA community. The EA Fellowship Weekend will be a great way to forge those connections.
Other members of the EA community are welcome to attend, though programming will primarily be catered towards current and past program participants.
If you are interested in connecting with members of EA fellowships, reading groups, or cause area programs, or run one of these programs yourself, please join us for the EA Fellowship Weekend and pass this invitation along to EA program participants!
Tickets are free, and you can apply using this form. The application deadlines are:
- Friday, Feb 26th, 11:59 pm Pacific Time for those who are interested in participating in our experimental peer-to-peer problem-solving program
- Monday, March 1st, 11:59 pm Pacific Time is our general application deadline
Invite your friends
If you know someone who is a good fit for this event, please nominate them. We're particularly keen to invite people who have previously engaged with the community and participated in any EA-related programs, workshops or discussion groups and experienced community members from a range of different expertise areas and backgrounds.
Comments sorted by top scores.