What are some 1:1 meetings you'd like to arrange, and how can people find you?
Who are you?
Roland Pihlakas, from Estonia. I studied psychology, worked on modelling of natural intelligence, and then on AI safety. Have always cared about environmental issues. I work as a software developer, mainly having built AI and ML software. I tend to have many ideas and like interdisciplinary research. My AI safety related blog can be found here: https://medium.com/threelaws/
What are some things people can talk to you about? (e.g. your areas of experience/expertise)
- Legal responsibility assignment in AI based systems.
- Autonomous weapons systems.
- Whitelisting, reversibility.
- Human augmentation.
- Pending workforce disruptions due to increasing automation.
- Tax changes needed due to increasing automation, a better alternative to "the robot tax".
- Fundamental limits to AI safety, self-deception, embedded agency.
- How to formalise multiple AI goals, an alternative to utility maximisation.
- Corrigibility, interruptibility, low impact AI.
- How to promote and educate people about AI safety topics.
- How to reduce the speed of technological innovation.
- Organisations as AGI.
- Social attitude changes that might be attractive to people and helpful for climate.
- How to educate people about climate issues and solutions.
- Various methodologies for improved communication.
- Learning new helpful habits, improving memory for existing habits.
What are things you'd like to talk to other people about? (e.g. things you want to learn)
- All above mentioned topics.
- How to have a career in AI safety.
- How to have a career in climate.
- How to have a career in other EA topics.
How can people get in touch with you?
- Facebook: using my name.
- Skype username: "roland" (full name "Roland Pihlakas").
- Email: email@example.com (but I might be slow to respond or notice, above mentioned methods are better).
- I am also able to use Zoom and Slack, if you prefer so.